Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"shock & awe" drone


the bombs are falling
in my sleep,
in yours
how many bodies fall
with souls inside
down

those planes stuck
in the top floors
burning people
toppling tower
2 then 1 or 1 then 2,
no one’s in them

they’re drones
programmed to blitz
innocence and guilt
alike but
those bombs I say
are not american

say it outright
who gives a shit
if osama bin laden’s
norteamericano
henchman
dies by drone

say it straight
those planes demonic
killed three thousand
in Baghdad
and New York
don’t tell me they’re
not worse

don’t tell me
it’s ok to kill kids
with guns,
ok to kill with bombs,
not ok with faceless
soulless drones

& the hair-trigger
operator works
the shift,
goes home to sleep
as another’s
lowered into earth

& my brother,
my sister?
Who am I to say
what’s right
& wrong
more than you


(6 February 2013)

copyright 2013 by Floyce Alexander


No comments:

Post a Comment