Monday, February 28, 2011

Love Piece

1.

I don’t know what I did to go this way.
Was it something I said, the way I pray
staying away from church, singing in bars
for the souls who want my scars to be theirs.

Who could blame me? I want to help you live
by showing you authentic life, not mine.
Show me, you say, don’t tell me, take me in
the house that keeps away all shapes but love’s.

2.

No doubt we’re on our way now I have you
with me and it will not take long to go
somewhere you never thought was even there,
what you always knew would not keep you here.

You knew why you went, thought I was some saint,
believed I’d be true, never disappoint
the child in you hoping the child in me
would help you build sandcastles by the sea.

(28 February 2011)

copyright 2011 by Floyce Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment