Sunday, June 19, 2011

Poem with Response

no mas que mio
do you dry tears
in the open air
of what is called a city
though it seems more
a world to me

sorrow may line your heart’s
ventricles and its atrium
stay open late at night
to get you home
on the last train
that stops before my station

how did you say
"my heart is full of sorrow"?
I looked it up,
all the words were there,
all I needed was to hear
you say them the way you know

mi corazon esta llena de tristeza

on this island once wild
as me pursuing you
long before las ropas
and other accoutrement
of the look-alike life

if I take this ride as far
as where you are standing now,
as though I knew,
I will find you,
and after you and me
no more sorrow

(19 June 2011)

copyright 2011 by Floyce Alexander

 

No comments:

Post a Comment