Sunday, September 9, 2012

Duoplex

Simplex, Complex. Order an upstairs douche
with full bidet privileges, can’t you?
We were having a last drink together
before our last night in bed in Uptown,
sitting on the mezzanine, taking our time.
I danced with her when she so loved Byron’s
"She Walks in Beauty" and taught it to me
until nothing else about her got through
but the way she cast a line to hook me
or failing, I was sorry for my fish
so frantic to leave the shore and get back.
Margarita for her, Jax Beer for me.
The man on the phone thought I was kidding
though he offered to call around for us.
At the door to the car she offered me
nothing, neither a ride nor a Good Night.
I was left having to start all over.
Some red circle began turning, squealing.
When she got back my wrists were in handcuffs.
Bail made, she drove me Downtown, fucked me dry.

(9 September 2012)

copyright 2012 by Floyce Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment