Thursday, January 24, 2013

INCONCLUSIVE.


Davos

The skiing is good here. I would like to learn cross-country.
I have a grand day moving among the people who know
money and enjoy schmoozing about what our chances are.
We know what must be done. We must reach unanimity.
After the speeches, the intimate exchanges during lunch,
what can we expect if not the worst becoming better for us?

Austerity, then. Call girls keep their money to make more.
Francine takes hers in euros, Belinda prefers German marks.
I try to pay with dollars. They ask, Do you know Obama?
I ask them if they know why I’m here. They show me why.
Otherwise, I hide in my hotel, dreaming of knowing how
to have what I need to survive between here and Manhattan.

(24 January 2013)

copyright 2013 by Floyce Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment